when I'll think of something else to go in here.

We're moving offices. Argh.

Big 'tings a gwan over at Duke.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Onitsuka's reclaimation: The Hipster's Bounty

I love Onitsuka Tiger shoes. I rock two pairs of the retro Ultimate 81. It will be the hipster shoe of choice for the future. ASICS/Onitsuka, seeing this, seeing Lost in Translation and the many websites dedicated to "Engrish", has decided to, in the vein of recent reclaimations of terms like "nigga" and "bitch" and "queer" to use Engrish as a marketing strategy for their new retro shoes. Click below to get a taste.



Hipsters from Williamsburg to Sylvan Park will eat this up. The ad will probably kill in the UK. Outside of those spots, it will fail. Fine with me, cuz it keeps my kicks exclusive. At any rate, as a public service to hipsters and Japanophiles, I pass the love on to you.

Comments on "Onitsuka's reclaimation: The Hipster's Bounty"

 

post a comment