when I'll think of something else to go in here.

We're moving offices. Argh.

Big 'tings a gwan over at Duke.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Who is the dork? What is dorknation?

Heels continue to finish strong in tight games with players stepping up when another falls off. And think, we’re doing this without a serious point guard. Frasor? Come on. Wack.

I did post a couple of record reviews this last night/this AM, however, I really went into the weekend thinking I’d have several new movie reviews up. Technical difficulties, as they say. It is frustrating, however, I guess not only for me.

Brings me to what “dork nation” was supposed to be about, and the vision I had of the blog. I’d hoped to do Word Press with a hosted server, a site with categories, and would focus (as you can see from reading a few posts) on politics, foreign film, hip-hop, sports, and whatever else I could shoe horn in. I’d even thought of doing video/computer game reviews, but I guess that’s somewhat of a pipe dream, like I have the time for any of that.

And, an “about” page would be nice, I guess. The short bits you can get in the right sidebar are adequate, yet don’t tell the entire story, like, not only am I a Carolina alum, I was an athlete there, which kinda gives me a little knowledge about college sports, or that I worked in politics for a several years after law school, so I have a bit of a perspective on that game from the inside. How I got to be a music reviewer/film reviewer for an alt-weekly is an ass backwards story for a later date. Let’s just say I’m a not-as-yet failed screenwriter, too, and leave it thus for now.

I guess I felt obligated to give my bona fides, though, as most of us know, few people who blog on most subjects have any idea what they’re talking about. It’s a beauty contest of ideas, and bloggers are judged on the power of their link sidebar, not the content of their posts (Hey, it is Black History Month, y’all).

Why “dorknation?” Because, well, I’m a dork.

That’s all I have to say about that.  

Comments on "Who is the dork? What is dorknation?"

 

Blogger Jackson said ... (2:21 PM) : 

You can get free wordpress hosted blogs at wordpress.com. I think they can import your posts from blogger too ;)

 

post a comment