when I'll think of something else to go in here.

We're moving offices. Argh.

Big 'tings a gwan over at Duke.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

lost Voice

I was not really sure what the Voice was thinking when they hired Pitchfork dork Tom Breihan to blog (mostly about hip hop). I had given Pitchfork a cursory glance in the past, and never connected either with their musical taste nor criticism. It quickly became apparent to me that they have someone blogging about rap music who didn’t know all that much about the genre, certainly not more so than your average rap fan born in the 80’s who probably blogs and blogs as well as Breihan. There was solace in that they did not hire Byron Crawford. I have become increasingly dismayed every time I check a Breihan column, however, as he realizes how little he knows about rap music history he’s constantly offering up apologies about that fact. Though the kid is welcome to his opinions (like the one he shares with just about every 20-something rap fan, TUPAC AND BIGGEE ARE AWESOME) if he’s going to speak with authority on the music he should at least sound like he knows what the hell he is talking about. Where is Greg Tate when you need him?

Comments on "lost Voice"

 

Blogger Byron said ... (1:03 PM) : 

What did I ever do to anyone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

If it bothers you that much, you could just stop checking my shit, dude. I won't be offended.

 

Blogger tetsujin said ... (7:47 AM) : 

bryon,

not much. I almost regreted the mention after your post about the MTV list.

tom,

damn, you sure sound offended.

 

post a comment